Small baked cheesecakes
For years this baked cheesecake recipe was given to my students that studied at our La Petite Patisserie Food Academy. It is such a simple recipe to follow no one can make a mistake.
In fact, I still get contacted by students to send them the recipe again, so here we go…
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 -30 minutes
Yield: 6 Small Cheesecakes
1/2 Packet (150g) Oats / Digestive Biscuits
100g Melted Butter
230g cream cheese
80g castor sugar
5 ml vanilla
White plain cupcake wrappers for baking
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. For the cookie base. Crumble all the cookies together and pour melted butter over them. Mix till fine texture. Press down onto the base of a cupcake wrapper inside a cupcake pan. Take the back of a spoon to flatten the cookies even more. Place the pan with cookie base in the fridge while mixing the ingredients.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together.
4. Add the egg to the cream cheese mix until smooth and free of lumps.
5. Pour the mix into prepared cupcake pans or moulds.
6. Bake in a preheated oven of 160°C for 20 – 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool down. Unlike a larger cheesecake, these ones are so small, and shouldn’t cool down in the oven or they will have a cracked appearance on the surface.
8. Once completely cooled. Remove the wrappers slowly and present them on a plate.
Tip: The cheesecake must just set and have a wobbly/ Bruleè appearance for the perfect texture and taste.
Decorate with berries, or other fruits.